CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry
Do you have years of experience in the construction industry but no qualification?
Are you still working in the industry?
You can gain your qualification via our Recognition of Prior Learning process.
The RPL assessments are designed for those people currently working within the building and construction industry as carpenters, labourers or trade assistants and want to be assessed for the qualification based on their current experience and skill levels.
Following an initial interview with one of our assessors who will discuss with you your building industry experiences, including the types of projects that you have worked on, what your roles were and who you were employed by, you will complete a self assessment guide which will provide an indication of how your current experience matches the qualification.
Click to view and complete a RPL Student Application CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry
Following this, you will enrol and be contacted by your assessor who will detail all of the evidence that you need to collect, how to present your evidence and how the assessment will be conducted.
In brief, the assessment will consist of workplace visits and observations and participating in competency conversations with your assessor where you will discuss the different aspects of each unit of competency in a bid to identify your current level of underpinning knowledge. It will also involve the gathering of evidence to show you have experience in the practical aspects of each unit of competency.
To be eligible to be assessed for your qualification in Carpentry via a recognition process you must have a minimum of 5 years experience in the industry and be able to demonstrate currency. This can only be completely demonstrated if you are currently working as a Carpenter/Labourer. (Must be within the last 12 months.) If you can tick all of the following, this is the pathway for you.
- You are / have worked as a Carpenter/Labourer/Trades Assistant during the past 12 months.
- Can provide a 3rd party report as evidence of this currency.
- You hold a Construction Induction White Card ( CPCCOHS1001A Work Safely in the Construction Industry)
- You can provide a current resume outlining your role and responsibilities as a labourer/trades assistant including professional development undertaken
- You can provide two industry referee’s that can provide strong references as evidence of work completed
To apply for this recognition process, please provide us with the following:
- Completed Student Enrolment Form
- Completed ‘RPL Student Application’
- Payment of $2400 ($1500 will be invoiced upon enrolment with the balance being due prior to the issuing of your Statement of Attainment)
On receipt of all of the above, a Ballinger Trainer and Assessor will be in contact with you to commence the RPL process.
For more information about the Certificate III in Carpentry please READ MORE